Onlline Sermons

We have posted a lot of sermons from our Universal Life Church ministers. Some are Christian and some are not. You are welcome to use them or just enjoy them as you like.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Universal Life Church

Christian Bible
Scripture Reading: Prov. 8:1-8

Text: Prov. 8:8

Introduction: Through the years I have attended a number of meetings held specifically to instruct and encourage preachers to be better servants of God. In one of them the instructor, a pastor, gave suggestions for finding God's will for a sermon for a specific service. One of those tips was for the minister to examine his own heart and life for his own needs. If the preacher could recognize his own needs, there would be a good possibility the congregation would have some of the same needs.

If preachers need help in any area, it is this one, for preachers' vocation is one of almost constant talking. If your pastor needs help in any area, it is this one, for although I may not be talking all of the time when I am out of the pulpit, I do enough talking to stay in trouble. As a matter of fact, I am so much "myself" when I am IN the pulpit, I am so relaxed when I am in the pulpit that I am liable to say something I shouldn't.

I believe the answer to my problem and yours tonight is found in the word of God, so I'm going to preach it as I understand it, regardless of how much it may hurt you and me temporarily. If we will get right with God, we can benefit from this service.
I want to speak to you on the subject, "How to Keep Your Foot Out of Your Mouth."

I. SPEAK PROFITABLE WORDS

1 Corinthians 7:35 And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction.

A. Profitable for saving the lost

B. Profitable for serving God

C. Profitable for strengthening the weak
II. SPEAK PURE WORDS
Psalms 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
A. We should use scriptural language as much as possible
B. We should use spotless language
C. We should use saintly language
III. SPEAK PLEASANT WORDS
Proverbs 16:24 Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
"He who makes waves must be prepared to swallow salt water."
"Make your words sweet; you may have to eat them."
A. Praise God
B. Point toward God
C. Promote what God is doing
IV. SPEAK PREPARED WORDS
Proverbs 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
Proverbs 15:28 The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
A. Fill your heart with scripture
B. Focus on doing right, not what makes you feel good
C. Find God's will for your conversation
---------------------
God bless...

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. 
Ordination with the Free Online Ordination, button.We also offer many free wedding ceremonies for your use.

 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar