Onlline Sermons

We have posted a lot of sermons from our Universal Life Church ministers. Some are Christian and some are not. You are welcome to use them or just enjoy them as you like.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Universal Life Church

Rejoicing in the Refuge
By Scott Phillips

'Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.' Ps 63:7

'What a blessedness, what a peace is mine, leaning on the everlasting arms'.?

The other evening as I was driving down the road to Church it occurred to me the way the God protects us. I reached the light and began to thank God as I turned the corner, that an accident did not happen. Not that one happened close to me. 'The life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.'

Just yesterday morning, I had Keaton in the car with me to take him to school. I had forgot he was sitting behind me, so I actually got on the highway and realized I had to turn around and take him to school. I was a little pressed for time but I turned around and got him to school. When I got back on the highway and I had drove a few miles and came upon an accident that had recently happened. It appeared that a number of doors or panels had blown off a trailer. I noticed as I passed by that one had hit a bus and caved in the window. There were pieces of these panels all over the road where you could tell they had hit a number of cars. It occurred to me that my lapse earlier might very well have been the mercy of God preserving me for another day.

I am so thankful today for the preserving and protecting ways of the Lord in my life. I can truly recognize the safety I find in his shadow. Is there anyone that knows what the future holds? Without a doubt we need to recognize afresh the wonderful ways that the Lord demonstrates on our behalf.

May his keeping power be with you today. Rejoice in the overshadowing protection and presence of the Lord. There is no god like our God!

?Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.? Ps 71:3

?The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.? Ps 18:2

Rejoicing in the Refuge of my Redeemer!

In Him, By Him, Through Him,

Scott Phillips
www.newbirth.us


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. 
Ordination with the Free Online Ordination, button.We also offer many free wedding ceremonies for your use.
 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar