Onlline Sermons

We have posted a lot of sermons from our Universal Life Church ministers. Some are Christian and some are not. You are welcome to use them or just enjoy them as you like.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Universal Life Church

Universal Life ChurchBy Scott Phillips
A Baby Spoon

"Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein." Mark 10:15

Noah is my two year old baby boy. He is such a precious baby. He is not quite talking yet and so, we rarely understand what he says, but usually we understand what he wants. We will be driving down the road and he will begin to exclaim. We will then see a truck, or a bird or something that has caught his interest. Things that have no interest to us as adults, this little boy is still excited and interested in those things.

It occurred to me today that I have lost my sense of awe at everyday things. I began to ponder this scripture and prayed, "Lord help restore to me the awe found in the heart of a young child."

We recently went on vacation and all of our flowers and grass in the front yard was looking rather neglected. I took it as my mission today to keep the grass from dying this afternoon . In the midst of moving the sprinkler around I saw something gleaming in the dirt. I reached down and found a baby spoon. I washed the dirt off of it and it was an Onieda baby spoon complete with the gerber baby image at the end. My normal response, was, "Oh, it's just a spoon." But as I considered it, I found this mundane discovery a source of inspiration. Maybe this was the Lords way of telling me, "here is your first chance to cultivate your request."

I have noticed a few people who seem to snicker at people who seem excited about finding God in their environment. However, I have in times past found inspiration in the simplest things, but due to a number of things, I know I have missed many opportunities lately.  The volume of my writing is proof of what I say. However, I feel a fresh spring of inspiration being born, and look forward to what I shall discover in the days to come.

When was the last time, you looked at what is around you and looked for inspiration and things that apply to your walk with God? Could it be that God has been trying to communicate to you, but you have lost your sense of awe and therefore dismiss everything as mundane, when it could be the entrance of a miracle in your life.

What awaits you could rest upon your ability to see the fingerprints of God in those things around you.

They can be found everywhere.

In Him, By Him, Through Him,

Scott Phillips

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. 
Ordination with the Free Online Ordination, button.We also offer many free wedding ceremonies for your use.
 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar