Onlline Sermons

We have posted a lot of sermons from our Universal Life Church ministers. Some are Christian and some are not. You are welcome to use them or just enjoy them as you like.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Chaplaincy Program

It may be a surprise to some that I very little experience with chaplains.  For 6 years that I was in the US Navy as a flight crew member I never saw a Chaplain.  This includes Vietnam.  They always seem to hang out with the flight officer, but never saw the enlisted.  This maybe because that the war didn't attract many into the military chaplains.  After 6 years in and 3000 flight hours, there were times in which I could have used one. 

I am current a Chaplain in the American Legion.  Opening and closing meeting with a prayer, doing military funerals, and counseling veterans in PTSD .  I am taking it very seriously. 

I have seen them working with the Fire and Police departments, but my belief is that I have to go where God is leading me.  (I hope its first responders)

By Rev. Arthur Strauss


********************************************

To ordain yourself with the Universal Life Church, for free, for life, right now, click on the Free Online Ordination link.

Rev. Long created the ULC seminary site to help ministers learn and grow their ministries. The Seminary offers a huge catalog of materials for ministers of the Universal Life Church, as well as an online seminary program and a chaplaincy program.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar