Onlline Sermons

We have posted a lot of sermons from our Universal Life Church ministers. Some are Christian and some are not. You are welcome to use them or just enjoy them as you like.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Universal Life Church

By In Him By Him Through Him
The Restoration of the Soul

He restoreth my soul: Psalms 23:3

In summation, this is what God is trying to do for and to all of us. No matter our background, ethnicity or the language we speak, this is the ultimate picture of what God is working on. Restoring your Soul to it's original capabilities and facilities.

The flaw that started with Adam and still to this day is being passed down to our current generation is this flaw, this fatal flaw that hinders and harms our understanding and relationships on all levels. If you think about it,
in Adam making the choice that he did the first thing we see is how it affected
his relationship with himself, how he viewed himself and his relationship
with God. When we are not at ease with who we are and what we have done, it puts us ill
at ease with everyone and most especially the Lord.

In the very fact that you have been living any time at all you can see this to be true in your own life. From this point, we see that a sense of safety was lost when they were cast out of the garden and the hard cruel facts of life began to hammer on them with incessant regularity. Eating bread by the sweat of his brow and bearing children in hard labor, not to mention the difficulty in raising children. It was not long and the consequence of a bad choice began to weigh heavy on their lives and how
they viewed their life.

God wants to restore the potential, power and promise of your soul. Your soul is the essence of who you are, your perceptions, opinions, and seat of decision. This is your soul. Your body is temporary and from birth is forever in a state of flux and change, from growing and maturing, to aging and in decline. Your spirit, is the fingerprint and spark of the divine that dwells in all humanity. The very fact we are created by God and in his image, there is a powerful influence of spirit dwelling in all of us. Many do not allow it to
guide them and may be hard to see the evidence of it working, but it is there.

I have heard it said that when you die your body goes back to the earth, dust
to dust. Your spirit returns to God who gave it and your soul, that part that
is uniquely you, will go based on what you allowed to govern your life. Down or up, who and what did you listen to? Flesh, you are on a downward path, but if listened to the spirit, your soul will find rest.

God has been working on me for thirty six years. And I am sure at times he just wants to slap me on the back of the head and say,Come on now, you can do better than that. The way I would do my boys, when I know they are not putting their full effort in something. Peter had it right when he
said, The long suffering of the Lord is our salvation. He Restoreth my soul.

I think it is a powerful thing to consider that God is restoring the you that is you. Who you are, who you think you are and who others think you are.

Restoring your good name.
Restoring your integrity.
Restoring your passion.
Restoring your identity.

In ministry I have held the hand of the penitent heart who was trying to find
their way back to God. Because of failure and shipwreck, they find themselves
broken and spent and out of desperation they are just trying to find peace of
mind. The miracle that I see, is that God will not stop at the threshold of their need, but will begin to restore to them things they thought would never be restored.

To restore into a place of purpose.
To restore into a place of power.
To restore into a place of perception.

To bring them into a new place of victory.
To usher them into a place of fresh vision.
To give their a spirit and faith thriving vitality.

He is in the Soul Restoration Business!
He has restored my soul. I have felt that familiar hand applying gentle pressure in my own inner man, pressing me to step out and see what God will do. I have felt old stirrings in me, that I had forgotten, but through the brooding of God's spirit, something is coming alive inside of me that has lain dormant. This word I have been holding back to keep from overloading your inbox, however this is something that the more I think about it, the more personal it
becomes. I feel God restoring things in my own life, things I did not even know needed
restoring. The enemy often will do everything he can to stifle the creativity and vision that God has inside of you. If he can't stop you, he will try to put things
around you that drain and distract you from an area God wants to be a focus for you.

Don't let the Devil define you. Don't let those negative words of past failures cause you to live under the cloud of what could have been. God created you, he saved you and loved you enough to extend a hand of
mercy to receive you back unto himself, don't let anything or anyone silence the voice of the Spirit work in your life.

I am reminded of the Prodigal son. When he would have been satisfied with a mere sustenance of life, LOOK what the Father did. It is not possible for the Father to just give you a servant's provision, when you are a son. But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the BEST robe, and
put it ON him; and put a RING on HIS hand, and SHOES on HIS feet. And bring hither
the fatted calf, and kill it; and let US eat, and be merry: For this my son
was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began
to be merry. Luke 15:22-24 KJV

I just feel led to say to you, Give God a chance to fix the mess you have made. Give God a chance to Restore your soul. You will find he has a bigger heart and a greater love than you even remembered. To all of you, let God restore a fresh vitality to your life. Let your faith out of the box
and see what will happen. I can say this for myself, I can feel a continuation of his Restoration in me. Lets step out on the edge and take the leap.

Check this out, I can Fly!


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar