Onlline Sermons

We have posted a lot of sermons from our Universal Life Church ministers. Some are Christian and some are not. You are welcome to use them or just enjoy them as you like.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Universal Life Church

The Answer is Closer Than You Think
Posted by Joel Osteen
www.joelosteen.com

Not long ago, I had a friend tell me about a legal situation he had to take care of at a government building downtown. He was working with the man in charge who told him that it would take two years for his transaction to go through. My friend asked very kindly and politely, "Is there any way that it could happen sooner?" The man answered back gruffly, "I said it would be two years and I mean it's going to be two years. The system is all backed up, I've got so much work in front of you; It will be a long time before I get to your paperwork." My friend said, "Well that's fine but I'm going to pray and believe that God will somehow cause it to happen sooner." That just made the man even more aggravated. He said back sarcastically, "Pray all you want but I'm in charge and I'm telling you it's going to take two years."

Six weeks later that same man called my friend back and said, "Come on in. Your paperwork is ready." My friend thought it was a mistake. He said, "Are you sure it's mine?" The man said, "Yes, I'm sure." My friend got there as quickly as he could. He said to the man, "Thank you so much but I thought you said it would take at least two years?" The man replied, "I did. But ever since I met you I can't get you off my mind. I wake up in the morning thinking about you. I eat lunch thinking about you. I go to bed thinking about you. And I am so sick and tired of thinking about you. Take your paperwork and go."

Today, if you are facing an impossible situation, remember, you serve the God of the impossible! He can make a way out of no way. Proverbs 16:7 says that when you live a life pleasing to Him, He will even cause your enemies to be at peace with you. Like this man, choose to trust that God is working behind the scenes on your behalf today. Then, praise Him and thank Him because the answer is closer than you think!

**********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with theUniversal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar