Onlline Sermons

We have posted a lot of sermons from our Universal Life Church ministers. Some are Christian and some are not. You are welcome to use them or just enjoy them as you like.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Universal Life Church

Unconditional Love
By P. Mercer

My Dearest Friends and Family;

I started writing unconditional love in the beginning of October. I looked at the topic many times and just saved the message to get back to it later. I thank God that today my spirit was fed and I am blessed to have completed this message today. I can home from my Sunday spiritual group took off my coat and turned the computer on. To God be the glory for loving me so much that when lonely He sits with me, when I am tired He gives me rest, when I am annoyed He calms my spirit and when I am hungry He feeds me.

I was so full that my fingers may have missed a few key stokes by my heart could only see Jesus. For years I have signed letters, and e-mails and greetings cards with this specific salutation. Today I understand it more than ever. Be blessed in Jesus name.

Unconditional love
Minister Pamela

Good Morning God
I Give You all the praises for this is the day that the Lord has made
I am thankful, I am glad, I rejoice
Good Morning God. Thank you for coming into my life, into my heart, thank you for waking me this morning and directing my day

I PRAY.

Heavenly Father, I pray that you would hear my prayer as we join and I pray for myself and we pray for others. Giving thanks to your Oh God for your grace and your mercy. Thanking you Oh God that you opened our eyes to another day and that you have allowed us and are allowing us to share this message on whatever you spirit will feed us, will feed the writer, will feed the women and men of God right now that we may hear a word from you and know your holy presence.

Oh God I thank and praise you that each day when began a new journey of glorifying you that throughout our day we may hear a testimony, share a testimony or continue to be a testimony that your blessing will be upon us and flow through us that we may bless others not by our deeds but by the spirit within us that works and rest to glorify you.

We thank you and pray Father God that you will direct our footsteps, that you will guide our path, that you will be a light that guides our way into the paths of righteousness and the things that you would have us to do and have us to be just for today. Even when we fall short, Oh God, we pray that you will pick us up as we lift up the name of Jesus and trust that name that gives us strength and embraces the faith that is within us.

Bless the name of the Lord as our spirits are fed and we are encouraged and direct to pray for others and trust the word for a healing that saints are not hindered by pain, by fear, by anger, by resentment by any of the enemies attacks on our mind, our bodies or the spirit person within us. We thank you and we pray Oh God that you have charged angels to encamp around those who have stepped out on faith and are trusting you, are trusting the word for a healing for their friends, their families. We know Oh God that you are all things and that you are everywhere. We thank you Heavenly Father for stopping into the hospital room and hospital rooms all over the country. We thank you Oh God for coming into the schools even the schools where they want to eliminate prayer, we know that you are present and your presence is needed. We are grateful Oh God that our children love you and you have bestowed love in their hearts and their spirits. We pray that you would bless us and bless those that we think of before this prayer while we are praying and even after this prayer has settled in our souls. We pray that others will learn and grow to know love as you have shown us. The most perfect love Oh God, not that we would lay down our life but that we lay down our lives because we believe you and we believe your word and you have Oh God, already given us your very best. You gave us Christ Jesus.
We thank you for this message on to day on unconditional love and for this we give you Heavenly Father all the honor, the praise and the glory, in the precious name of your son Christ Jesus. Amen.


Unconditional love...A love that loves and ask nothing in return.

God's Love is unconditional. We have sinned and God loves us. We have committed crimes against nature, against family and even against the church, still God loves us. We have vowed under the water to change and emerged believing for the moment that we were different until some situation came up and we justified our reaction by a spirit that was not of God. Yes, our own selfish and not selfless thinking will draw us back to the place where we practice sin, gossip, lying, deceit. We even deceive those we claim to love most, those we are closest to. Intentionally or unintentionally we allow pride to step in and carefully put the feelings of others right beneath our own.

Unconditional love is the love that we learn in the word, that we know in the word, that we understand in the word.
God's love is unconditional.

Max Lucado wrote in the inspiration portion of the book The Inspirational Study Bible:


Father, we look at your plan and it is all based on love, not on our performance, and we pay that you would help us to understand that. To be captivated by your love. To be overwhelmed by your grace. To come home to you in the beautiful path that you've already carved out for us (1).

Too often I have heard us complicate the simplicity of what the word truly says as it is written and we make statements like "I love you because you are one of God's children but I don't like you." Look at the definition of like and love. How can I speak from my heart love when I have yet to accomplish the simpler form like? How can I say that I love God who I have not seen with my eyes and stand so firmly on how much I don't like another brother or sister? Did not God create each of us. Him, her and you?

Let me not confuse this statement with Symantec's and say well I don't like what he or she does or I don't like what he or she says. Make it clear. The statement is where the dislike comes in and not the person. I too have been guilty of such a statement but It became clear to me in the word that as God created the heavens and the earth he created man and woman He created you and I, in His image to be more like Him as we develop spiritually. Again when I look at that statement, I don't like something your say or something you do I have to take a long look at myself. Have I always said the right thing? Have I always did the right thing or even the next right thing?

Qualification. I love the God in you, therefore I love you. I have the propensity to continue to change. I was not born this devout Christian who always did good, spoke good or even acted good. God worked on me and as I pray for wisdom to continue to do the God thing, I pray that God continue to work in me and through me as He directs me in the ways of righteousness.

I am not perfect but each day I progress. Even when I regress and I recognize that it is me...my flesh, my decisions, my will, my attitude and my actions I am grateful to God for His grace and mercy that puts my feet back on track.

I Corinthians 13:1-3

Though I speak with the tongues of mean and of angels, but have not love, I have become a sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned but have not love, it profits me nothing.

To know love is to be love to be love is to receive love. I have a true conception of what love is in the word. I continue to seek the wisdom to love as God would have me to love and be loving. I love you is not just a phrase to prompt a smile or gain some small recognition in my spirit. I love you be cause God is love and I am a creation redeemed and reborn.


If I have not love I am just making noise. I can give you money, my cloths, feed you, give you drink to quench your thirst. I can make a real show of showing off by materialism but is it with love. Love is the greatest gift. And unconditional love is the perfect gift.


I Corinthians 8 - 10.

Love never fails, but whether there be prophecies, they will fail, whether there are tongues, the will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

My love for you is no longer contingent upon whether or not you love me or even whether or not you like me. I have often been faced with situations both on my job and in a social arena where people just did not like me and expressed it clearly by their actions, their reactions and even their words. But unconditional love does not seek to be loved. Does not seek to be praised or glorified. We glorify God by living the word by being doers of the word and not just talkers.
I'm not just making noise.

And we must admit that the flesh and self will, will challenge us. How can I love a man who hurts me? How can I love a man who lies to me? The devil is the king of liars. I do not love the devil but I love the word and I love what God has created. As God blesses me to better understand that which He would have me to understand right here and now I know that he blesses others as well. Let me be a vessel of that which is of God and not a vessel of worldly things, or worldly emotions.


Ephesians 1-7

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace, which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, having made known to us that mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which he purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, .......

I have been redeemed of the Lord. I am not the worldly person I used to be. We are not who we were when we are born again. We are born of Christ through the blood and we do Christ like things. We even have Christlike thinking, and a Christlike attitude. When can call ourselves Christians? And certainly we can say that Christians are not perfect, we are just forgiven. And as we are forgiven, we must forgive. Do I love my brother or sister and not forgive them for wrongs of yesterday or even yesteryear?

An unconditional love devotion and devoting my life to the gospel, the good news. .. Not just a talker, not a proclamation from my own word that I am a woman of God but redeemed in the word. Redeemed by the blood of Jesus. And by His grace and mercy, the Lord God being repentive. I know love, I see love, I feel love, I am love. For God is all love and light

Ephesians 4.11-12
And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.

If I want to preach it, If I want to teach it. I better try to be it. Living in the word is more than putting on a robe or a collar and claiming a title. When I say that I am a woman of God. I am proclaiming by the word to be a woman of love. I am calling on God for directions and wisdom to live love even when my thoughts would try to steer me in another direction, Oh, God I pray that you redirect me and order my footsteps in the word.

Unconditional love seeking nothing from you.....asking nothing from you, wanting nothing. Trusting that you will know and understand the ways of the righteous. That because of the God in me I must love the God in your otherwise I am lying to myself and lying to the spirit that I say is me and pray is in me.

John 3:16

And God so love the word that He gave us His only begotten son.

God has proven His love from Genesis to revelation. And most of all He gave us Jesus. He gave us His very best.

Can I stay that I love the Lord, He heard my cry and not love you? Can I not pray in my discouragement that God would give you the desires of your heart and that thy will be done in your life? Yes, it brings me joy when I see the saints of God being blessed. It brings me more joy when I see those who have suffered through there worldly issues change and grow as the favor of God is upon them.

I love you my brothers, I love you my sisters I love the Lord for His is the director and the finisher of my faith. He is my strength, He wakes me up in the morning and rocks me to sleep at night. He walks with me and talks with me throughout the day. Even when the day is not the very best day, the Lord is always with me because He has never left me and I live because Christ lives in me.

In spite of all things that are or are not, God is in charge of my life and as God charges me to do good works and the be the righteousness of God. I love you and I love how you help me to grow. When I see you I see a reflection of myself. Either I need to do better or I am reminded that I was not perfect I was born into this sinful world. My God has redeemed me to love, to love you, to love live and to share love.

Truly I love you
Unconditionally,
Minister Pamela

CLOSING.

I pray that this message adds a special blessing to your life, that you may be encouraged and increased in your spiritual walk. I pray that you are fed and filled, that the word may add a special blessing to your life that you may as you are be a blessing to others. As God opens our eyes to see the vision of His plan to see the church to see all the beauty of the here and now we will know that He first loved us.
May all your prayers be answered, may all your joys be holy, may all your decisions be directed by the will of God.
In Jesus name.
AMEN




Unconditional Love

Injured by your actions or
even your attitude
your are my sister by blood and spirit
I love you
God forgive me for not trying to understand
accepting that which was
accepting what I could not change
for still i was blessed
and protected by the Lord
and He gave me shelter
He showed His love

Rejected
you chose another
though I felt deep in my heart
that I would be the one
I would be the only one
Had I asked God first
and not attempted to make something
of something different
emotions
my own emotions
betrayed me
love of a romantic nature can be
fallible
but Gods love is unconditional
I am not alone

Betrayed
lest my actions
require an attitude adjustment
I gave of myself
I feed you
blessed you with gifts
and asked nothing in return
I asked
nothing
in return
So I must again look inside my heart
Oh God
help me to understand
your love
that I shall give
that I shall sow
that I shall share
that I shall care
that I shall know
the greatest gift
and I gave with love
I receive more love from you dear God

Being of good character
I accept my lot
and pray that my spirit
continues to be nurtured
by the men and women of God
by the true and living word
my love
unconditionally
will blossom and grown

Unconditionally
I spread my love and share my love
by praying that
God
will increase the arena
of which He allows me
to sow
to grow
and to show the glory of the Lord
in my live
and be a blessing
as I love His children unconditionally.

PPMercer


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive and affordable online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, a beginning course on  Wicca, as well as a beginning course on  Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is a free and lifetime ordination, so use the Free Online Ordination, button. We also make available many free wedding ceremonies for your use, as well as funeral ceremonies and other types of ceremonies.

 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program where you can earn the coveted title of Chaplain. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church materials to help you with your professionalism and confidence.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and an amazed by the frequent upgrades and new functions of the seminary.
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar