Onlline Sermons

We have posted a lot of sermons from our Universal Life Church ministers. Some are Christian and some are not. You are welcome to use them or just enjoy them as you like.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Online Sermons

By Rev. Jeremy Barker
God's Word

Hello, my name is Reverend Jeremy Barker.Thank-you for coming to today's worship, and welcome.

Please feel free to take off your shoes and relax as we come together and study Gods word. You know God loves us all and through his son Jesus Christ we are saved.

Actually Jesus was crucified for the sins of human kind. Through His blood on the cross we are saved. And I thank God everyday for his sson Jesus Christ. I am glad that I now understand the importance of prayer and fellowship. Every time I pray or I speak to God I feel so much at peace.

I hope everyone here has the same experiences that I am having. Infact I pray for this everyday. Jesus said, "But thou, when thou fastest, annoint thine head, and wash thy face, that thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

As I read this scripture, it reminds me that Gods light is always shining on us and we have the opportunity to make the light brighter. -Candles are lighted here for the example of the bright Holy light. Let us pray, Heavenly Father thank-you for this day on earth, your creation. Thank-you for giving us the knowledge and wisdom to hear your message through your words. Help us to understand and be obedient to your ways of fasting, so that we can come closer to having an intimate relationship with your son Jesus Christ. And make our light that shines upon us brighter than ever before. Amen. The passage of matthew chapter six verses seventeen and eighteen are not to be taken as a command against fasting but rather against the misuse of the spiritual exercise of fasting. Fasting that requires spectators is mere acting. Though Jesus Himself instituted no fast for his disciples, voluntary fasting does appear in the early churches. The injunction to anoint thine head relates to the ancient custom of anointing one's head when going to a feast. In other words, Jesus was saying that when we fast we are to do so in secretly to the Lord, While outwardly maintaining the appearance of joy and triumph, which is the end result of true fasting. Excerpt taken from "The King James Study Bible" As Gods word says we should try our best to obey it and continue making our light brighter in and through Jesus Christ. When I was younger my mom made sure I got three meals everyday. As any other great mom she wanted me to grow up and be healthy. Now as I have gotten older I have tried many times to fast but my mom thinks I am starving myself (which I am not). I wanted to tell her I am fasting but I still do not think she will understand what I am doing. And that's ok, it just shows me that she cares about her son. But she made it a little bit harder for me because my Grandmother thought I was Starving myself also. But I just am doing Gods will. Thanks be to God.

Also I feel we benefit more by reading and applying the scriptures. When we open our hearts to worship and God receives us and its our contributions that lets us do many things in Gods name. And please take time to fill out our guest cards and let me know if you or someone you know needs a shoulder to lean on, or just information about our worship service. Let us pray. Heavenly Father, thank-you for opening our hearts and minds to your words through scripture. Please help us maintain your will and spread your love and your sons name Jesus Christ Amen. May the Lord bless you and those around you and keep you until next time we meet. Thank-you for worshiping with us. Have a great and safe week. God bless you all...


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar