Onlline Sermons

We have posted a lot of sermons from our Universal Life Church ministers. Some are Christian and some are not. You are welcome to use them or just enjoy them as you like.

Friday, March 25, 2005

Online Sermons

By Scott Phillips
When Lame Expectations Meet and Apostolic Mindset


What do you do when you meet someone whose thinking is on the wrong level? It is hard to relate with people who have had certain life experience. Life has away of causing us to relegate our thinking to
survival concepts. However I think it goes without saying, we must have a mind change.

To often lame expectations meet lame excuses.

Silver and Gold have I none. Imagine that, the apostles with Pentecost behind their belt, faith burning in their heart, but yet the golden steed had not arrived. So often we can fall into these lame excuses and never go any further.

Silver and Gold have I none.

That can become the crux of our conversation. We can position ourselves at beautiful gates where people go to worship looking for
money, but lame mindsets can't get in the house of God. Often people take their bodies to the temple, but their brains hang out at the gates. The carnal mind cannot understand the things of God, so while we reach for the mighty God, we plot and scheme silver and gold plans whereby we reason we will reach the world.

How many calls have I received from people who of honest heart and fervent faith were asking me for silver and gold? I get emails
regularly from India from christians and they share with me their need for some silver and gold. We are bombarded from all
directions this plea for silver, gold, plastic or paper.

How did the early church reach the world of their day? Was it Radio, Internet, Television, marketing campaigns, nice buildings or
billboards? I am not against these things, please bear with me. I have been on radio and will again. I send out this via the
internet and have a website, spend a lot of money on marketing and would love to have a few billboards and just built a new building.

How did they, the early church, do what we seem to have trouble doing with all of these aids available to us? All of the things listed takes silver and gold, and if you're like me, I don't have enough to do what I want to do.

Peter and John said, silver and gold have I none. He did not follow that by saying, "Give your way to a miracle." He did not tell him for a monthly partnership he could get his latest series on how to get healing. He simply did what he did because something came alive inside of him when he fastened his eyes on this lame man.

We live in a religious world whose leaders are money grubbing and money hungry who think gain is godliness. In the words of the
Apostle, "from such withdraw thyself." Phillips translation, "Don't have anything to do with them for they are walking in the error of
Balaam, selling their prophecy to the highest bidder."

What would happen if you would fasten your eyes on someone who needs what you have? You may say, I don't have the money or I don't have
a van or I don't have a place to preach or you repeat what your last lame excuse was. Quit worrying about what you don't have and
realize and say, "There is something I do have."

We can spend our lives worrying about what we wish we had and not use what we do have. You do have a power that can transform people's lives. It does not require a degree, certificate, training course, position or title. All it requires is for you to let your
lame excuses get an apostolic infusion to start doing what you can do.

Following this lame mans encounter with someone who understood the power that resides inside of everyone of us, he walked, leaped and
praised God into the temple. The result was that multitudes were added to the church. About five thousand men. Imagine trying to
teach them all Bible Studies.

To answer my earlier question of how the early church reached their world, they used what they had and did not let their lack stop them.

The great miracle we need is not for the lame to start walking, but our lame thinking to be lifted up to a new level. To fasten our
vision on those things we can put our hands on. Lift them up, pull them up, drag them up and walk them into the presence of the Lord.

"And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us."

Quit whining about what you don't have and what you can't do.

These are lame excuses.

"Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and
walk." Acts 3:6

Pray this prayer.

Lord Renew me in the Spirit of my Mind. Transform my Thinking. Help
me to see an opportunity for your Spirit to do a miracle. I have
decided I am not going to let what I don't have, stop what I do have.

In Jesus Name,

In Him, By Him, Through Him,

Scott Phillips


*******************************
 
The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. 

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.We also offer many free wedding ceremonies for your use.

 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.  
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: