Onlline Sermons

We have posted a lot of sermons from our Universal Life Church ministers. Some are Christian and some are not. You are welcome to use them or just enjoy them as you like.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Universal Life Church

Miracles Are Everywhere
By Rev. Amy Long


Miracles

Today I'd like to talk about miracles. I'm a strong believer in miracles. I believe that miracles happen every day, all the time, everywhere. The trick is being able to recognize them when they occur.

There have been many words spoken over the last several months about all the helpful beautiful, miraculous people who got a chance to shine in the aftermath of 9/11. For that reason alone, the tragedy could be seen in a different light. For a time, people felt good about their ability to help others and to perform miracles of their own.

I've seen this sort of amazing demonstration myself. About 9 years ago or so, I was very sick with cancer. I was looking for my miracle cure and, in the process, finding many other miracles along the way. I was also getting sicker every day. In my case, being a stubborn ol' so and so, I needed to become too sick to defend myself against a miracle happening. I say defend myself because that what I had always done and what many others do all the time. I was going to take care of this myself and force a miracle to happen.

When I became very ill, I found that I needed help. I still wasn't quite ready to ask, but I got it anyway. One of the first was at the grocery store. I shuffled in, took forever to get my groceries and stood in line at the check-out. The checker looked at me and said, "You look like you're not doing very well. I'd like to come over and help." The first miracle was that she asked and the second was that I let her. She did come over; she emptied my trash, cleaned up my kitchen and generally tidied up. I tried to make conversation and perhaps start a friendship, but she told me point blank that she was just doing a good deed and that was all she wanted. I was shocked. I still think about her, nine years later. I don't know her name either.

I'm pretty sure she was an angel.

Submitted by Rev. Amy Long



If you have a sermon you’d like to submit to appear in the Guest Sermon section, please send it in the body of the e-mail to guestsermon@ulcseminary.org.

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. 
Ordination with the Free Online Ordination, button.We also offer many free wedding ceremonies for your use.
 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: