Onlline Sermons

We have posted a lot of sermons from our Universal Life Church ministers. Some are Christian and some are not. You are welcome to use them or just enjoy them as you like.

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Becoming an Ordained Minister

TRUST HIM - OBEY HIM
Rev. Franklin D. Coleman (Minister Frank)
Chicago, Illinois

Minister Frank is a Chicago Firefighter and member of New Joy Divine Full Gospel Church, in Chicago, Founded and Pastored by Apostle Aaron L. Royster and Prophetess Mable L. Royster. Minister Frank currently serves as an Ordained Minister facilitating the church’s Men Servants Ministry and publishes the weekly e-mail newsletter “MSM CONNECTIONS” that has announcements, news, recommendations, articles, and other information helpful to men in their spiritual growth. He is a member of the Trustee Board and plays guitar in the Anointed Voices of Praise Band.

New Joy Divine has been the church home for Frank and his wife Linda since 1997. Linda served as the president of the Usher Board for a few years and is a licensed minister.  Minister Frank is an active Advisor for the Oak Lawn Lighthouse of Aglow International, an interdenominational organization of Christian women in 137 nations around the world.



Minister Frank has a heart for Men’s Ministry and believes that until men come to a full understanding of their spiritual role in the household, their family’s true potential will never be realized. To that end, Minister Frank founded “Path Of Life Ministries”, a Web Ministry with articles and links to resources to help put men on the Path Of Life.


Education:
Associate of Arts degree in Divinity from the Ohio Valley Biblical Academy, Saint John Theological Seminary.


Coursework in World Religions, Personal Development and Mentoring.
Continuing education and support from Cathedral University (via correspondence), The Online Bible College (via correspondence), World Bible School (via correspondence).

"Now all of that sounds fine & good now. But where did I come from?" says Minister Frank,
"From a "bottom" in 1990, God took me on a journey to learn how to trust and obey Him."


"I don't have a "rags to riches" testimony. God did not perform a miracle healing in my body, nor did He speak to me in an audible voice. I can tell you this; God saved my marriage from my infidelity. God delivered me from nearly losing everything as a "functional alcoholic." Two years after a corporate "down-sizing" God spared my family the pain of foreclosure with an "11th hour-59th minute" financial miracle. God moved hearts and minds to finance two vehicles in the midst of bad credit with the finance officers stating that they didn't know why they approved us. God is a good God!"


Minister Frank continues, "There are many more "acts of a God kind" that I could recite, but, there is a message: God requires only two things from us: TRUST HIM and OBEY HIM. That's the simple version, we can play around with the details all we want but, that's my bottom line."


"I was ordained as a ULC minister in 2001 in order to legitimize the ministry works I was involved in. Shortly thereafter, my Pastor recognized the gifts God put in me and offered Ordination through our local church. I was Ordained by New Joy Divine Full Gospel Church in 2002."


"God has since opened the door to a "Marriage Ministry" in addition to my Men's & Missions ministries works."


"All I have to say is that Universal Life Church was there when I needed the support and legal standing and that, I believe, put my spirit in a mode to let my light shine so bright that others could see it."


God bless you and keep you always!


Rev. Franklin D. Coleman


********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free  and lasts for life, so use the button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials. Many have been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and can attest to its ongoing growth and change.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar