What did I learn from this course?
What helped me the most?
What could be improved in this course?
What do we hope to accomplish after taking this course?
The goal of the Suicide Prevention Program is to reduce the number of suicides, suicide attempts and self-injury among Massachusetts residents. We do this by:
1. Raising awareness of suicide as a public health problem
2. Providing support to communities, agencies and individuals interested in suicide prevention
3. Providing education and training for professionals and caregivers
4. Funding community-based suicide prevention and mental health promotion programs
5. Supporting and collaborating with state, regional and community suicide prevention coalitions
I am open supporting and encouraging communities to collaborate across disciplines to prevent suicide and suicide attempts across the lifespan. In our area, teen suicide is on the rise. I may have an opportunity to help in the High Schools to get a handle on this problem.