Onlline Sermons

We have posted a lot of sermons from our Universal Life Church ministers. Some are Christian and some are not. You are welcome to use them or just enjoy them as you like.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Why I became ordained

I had a friend who had done a bunch of weddings and thought that was a fine idea since it's a contract more than anything in our state and why should judges and clergy get all the fun of performing weddings.

He got me ordained and I casually mentioned to friends I was ordained and within a year or so some close friends asked if I'd be interested in doing a small ceremony. It turned out to be a lot of fun, they were more nervous than me, and will be celebrating their 10th anniversary this year.

Once I popped my minister cherry....it seems like word has gotten around and I've done seven....including a beautiful Wiccan ceremony in Oklahoma (I learned you have to be pre-approved there).

And coming from a childhood full of annoying bible thumpers and dogmatic where I was really turned off by organized religion. With the ULC I was able to shuck off some of that crap and actually pursue my own spiritual journey. 

Ignacio
Universal Life Church

********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free  and lasts for life, so use the button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials. Many have been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and can attest to its ongoing growth and change.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar