Onlline Sermons

We have posted a lot of sermons from our Universal Life Church ministers. Some are Christian and some are not. You are welcome to use them or just enjoy them as you like.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Holy Spirit

When it comes to the concept of the Holy Spirit, I do agree with most of the precepts proposed in the course.  I do see the thought and feelings of God being spread through the offerings of the holy spirit.  I do differ in that I do not believe that the Holy Spirit always abides within us at all times.  I have learned from my own life's experience that I can not only shut out the Holy spirit, I can refuse to recognize its existence at all.  

My personal experience has taught me that the Holy Spirit abides around us, like  a warm safe embrace. a cloak of sorts.  The choice is to either open the heart and mind to the presence of the Holy Spirit and to embrace its presence, or to remain closed up such as a cup turned upside down on the table.  Once we turn our cup over to set upright, we can then be filled with the blessings of the Holy Spirit.  In turn, we may again turn the cup over again, spilling out to waste the blessings that we given us and again, being upside down, we find ourselves isolated, lonely and desolate.




********************************************

To ordain yourself with the Universal Life Church, for Free, for Life, right now, use the Free Online Ordination, button -- Click the link!

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  As an ordained minister with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've enjoyed watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar