Onlline Sermons

We have posted a lot of sermons from our Universal Life Church ministers. Some are Christian and some are not. You are welcome to use them or just enjoy them as you like.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Online Sermons

Universal Life Church
Staying Connected
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my
trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul. -
Psalm 143:8

Two of the greatest inventions of my time have been the laptop computer
and e-mail. The laptop means I no longer have to stay in one place to be
productive in my business life. E-mail has allowed me to stay connected
to people all around the world with the touch of a button.

One of my greatest frustration is when either of these does not work. Sometimes e-mail cannot be used because I can't get a connection. Sometimes I cannot use my laptop because I have not properly charged it, and then the charge runs out while I am moving around. Both of these situations mean I am unable to tap into the resource that allows me to fulfill my duties in my work to the fullest.

Our personal time with God is much like these situations. God pours His
Word into our spirit, and we are recharged. This recharging has an important effect on our day. It allows us the greatest opportunity to hear the small voice that directs our steps. If we refuse to "get connected," we risk following our own ways of fulfilling the duties of our day. It sets forth the opportunity for God to speak into our spirit what He desires for us each day. It allows us to focus on God's purposes, not our own.

The only way to know someone is to spend time with him or her. The only way to discern the voice of another is to hear that person's voice. David, the author of this psalm, was a warrior, king, and businessman. He understood this principle of connecting with God in the morning. His morning allowed him to connect with God's love, renew his trust in Him, and hear His directions for his life. Shouldn't you and I do the same?

Blessed be the name of the Lord,

Shalom,
SGT T.D. Stewart

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have multiple classes in Christianity, Wicca, Religious Philosophy, three courses in Metaphysics. a course in Buddhism, a re-vamped course on Shamanism, and much more.

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: